TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (FTN) – A local mom said she was shocked when she removed her three-year-old’s car seat from the back seat of the car.
It happened after the ride home from a Vigo County restaurant went disgusting in multiple ways.
Ami Essex is three-year-old Alex’s mom. She said it came down to two things.
“Poop and puke,” Ami said.
She said during the drive home from a trip to McDonalds, Alex had a poop accident and then puked.
It’s unclear was caused the chain reaction, but Ami thinks it could have been the perfect storm.
“Alex easily gets car sick…so that could have been a part of it. It may have been the chicken nuggets, but he looked like was fine after, so I don’t think it had a long term impact on him,” Ami said. “It was very disgusting though.”
She said the car seat cover needed cleaned for a while, but with the mess, she removed the entire car seat to give it a scrub down.
“What was under the car seat…Jesus. I just…I don’t know how to describe it. Don’t look under a car seat unless you are mentally prepared,” Ami warned.
Ami didn’t want to comment on what exactly she witnessed when she took the seat out, but said she would never forget it.
“It shook me. It’s better now. But I won’t be the same,” Ami said.
She says the car seat and the area underneath have been cleaned, but she wants to speak out to warn other parents.